|Music meme from petie_s
||[Aug. 5th, 2006|01:03 am]
|||||Jonathan Coulton - First of May||]|
1) On your current playlist, hit shuffle and pick the first fifteen songs on the list.
2) Write down the first line of the song.
3) Have your friends comment and see if they know the songs.
4) When someone guesses correctly, strike out the line and list the correct name of the song next to it. (Title AND artist have to be correctly guessed.)
I edited it a bit too. No songs with obvious giveaways in the first line, no instrumentals, no non-songs (I've got some Eddie Izzard on here), and no songs in foreign languages... and generally I put the first two lines when the first line is too short.
1. You said that I put chains on you, but I don't think that's really true
2. Somebody put their feet up on the table, somebody made a pretty bad call
3. I wonder where you are tonight; you're probably on the rampage somewhere
4. I see you in the front row dancing up and down, you're ripped and ready for a night downtown
Got a call from an old friend, we used to be real close Billy Joel - "My Life" (absurdhero)
I lie in an early bed thinking late thoughts, waiting for the black to replace my blue Fiona Apple - "The First Taste" (imnotsatan)
7. There's no bread, let them eat cake, there's no end to what they'll take
Try to see it my way; do we have to keep on talking till we can't go on? The Beatles - "We Can Work It Out" (imnotsatan)
9. I`m in a room full of people, hanging on one person`s breath
"He's a quiet man," that's all she said, and he's a thoughtful man Dar Williams - "My Friends" (mizufae)
11. Kids today, they`re all the same, all call themselves some crazy name
Your mother made you cry when she told you about the womb Moxy Fruvous - "Down From Above" (carn_carby)
Growing in numbers, growing in speed, can't fight the future, can't fight what I see Moby - "We Are All Made Of Stars" (viciousbastard)
14. Don't you feel like trying something new?
15. I saw a circle turning, shining in the sun