Wheee! Do me do me!
Er. In an entirely non-sexual way!
1. "xaan" has always reminded me of a xan, a monster from Nethack.
2. Refine your NaNovel (as needed) and submit it to at least one publisher.
3. Red. Specifically, the color of your hair.
4. You're a lot of fun to hang out with, and you're interested in the same stuff as me, and you're a big part of the fact that I feel like I have an actual circle of friends for the first time in a long while.
5. The write-ins tend to all blur together. I guess my first distinct memory was wondering about your little... Alpha-Smart? Is that what it's called? Your typey-thing.
6. A rat, I think. And not in any of their negative connotations, but that they're smart and friendly and inquisitive. So... a pet rat, not one of those diseased ones? I might not be helping here.
7. What is your greatest ambition?
8. You know the drill...
1. Among the people I'm still in contact with (other than family), I've known you the longest.
2. It's generic, I know... but do something unlike anything you've done before, with no hesitation or reservations.
3. I'm gonna have to agree with Rachel here. I mean, you've got "blue" in your username... but I imagine specifically a sort of cerulean. I love that color.
4. You pay enough attention to people that you were able to remind me of what I was like as a kid, 15 years later. (Just as a specific example.) It's something I wish I were better at.
5. I can't really remember my first memory of you, but my clearest I think is walking around Chicago that weekend a few years back, with you and Mo and Rachel. Fun times.
6. Maybe a panther, or a lioness like Rachel said. One of those regal, graceful cats.
7. I'm a little unclear on this - what is it exactly that you do, these days? I've gathered you work for some sort of film production company, but I'm really not sure beyond that.
8. Of course, you've already done this...
1. You know how nifty I think you are personally, but I really admire your sense of style, too. I'm not sure what to say about it other than that it's unique, and it's you, and I like it.
2. Get involved in your community's politics. Even if it's as simple as helping lobby for education or library funding or something like that.
3. Somewhere between amber, tan, and darker brown that's the natural color of your hair. I may be wrong, but you seem to have a preference for earth tones, and they suit you well, so I guess that's where it comes from.
4. You're the closest friend I've had for the past few years, even if we have been living in separate cities for most of that span. I've always known that, if I were in some really deep shit, I could come to you for help. The fact that I haven't needed to doesn't change that. Mainly... you care so much about me, and about all your friends, and I appreciate it.
5. My first memory of you is your first memory of me... our group in Mrs. Bullinger's class. I fairly liked the books that year, but you made it my favorite hour of the day.
6. You remind me of a cat, too. What can I say? I like cats. But I guess you're closer to one of those cats that's a couple years old - technically an adult, but still young enough to remember what incredible fun running around as a hyper little kitten is.
7. What first got you interested in being a librarian?
8. Similarly, you've done this already.
1. I've always been in awe of your LJ-fu. I'm not sure what I mean by that, but there it is.
2. Try to draw something. A portrait, a landscape, fanart, whatever. And then post it on your LJ.
3. Bluuuuue. A combination of Miang's hair (and your hair, for a while at least), and your eyes...
4. You're capable of speaking knowledgeably on a huge number of subjects, and it makes conversation with you fascinating.
5. My clearest memory is the four-day weekend I spent in Madison. That was fantastic. We need to all get together again sometime...
6. You also remind me of a cat. I choose my friends well. But you strike me as the sort of cat that's incredibly finicky about the company she keeps, and so those lucky humans who get to have her curl up on their laps and request pettings feel honored to have the privilege. You're not haughty or anything, but... "discerning", perhaps? Sure.
7. If you didn't go to grad school, didn't study psych or stats or anything like that, what would you have ended up doing instead?
8. Go, go, LJ-fu!
Awesome, it's been a while since this one made the rounds on my flist.
1. We saw a Supernatural poster at the theatre last weekend, and immediately thought of you. Unsurprising...
2. Write some game show fic. It's not your usual television genre, but I want to see what you can come up with.
3. I... actually don't know. The first thing that comes to mind is rubber-ducky yellow, due to NaNo and your username...
4. I have a lot of fun reading your journal, particularly given my utter lack of knowledge of any of your fandoms. It makes for an interesting (and rather confusing) read.
5. Any of the NaNo writeins, really.
6. A mouse, maybe. You have something of a shy demeanor - I guess that's the only reason.
7. Over everything you've ever seen/read/whatever: OTP?
8. And now, your turn...
hehe, you know I have to sign up for this one, love. :D
So, pretty pretty please?
But of course.
1. You're incredibly cute when you go fangirly. Just thought you should know.
2. Write the Fic of Doom you've been telling me about. Really, buckle down and give it a try. Next week, maybe, at least work out a specific outline?
...Okay, not really. Generally, black, just because of your fashion sense. :D
4. Where in the universe would I start? You are without question the niftiest person I've ever met, and I feel privileged to even know you, to say nothing of the fact that you've chosen to bestow your love upon me. Simply put, you're everything I've ever wanted, and I love you.
5. I remember walking in to the room at Jerzy's, and not taking the seat next to you because it looked difficult to get to. You sure fixed that in a hurry the next week...
6. You remind me of, of course, another cat. But you're like the sort of cat that, if she likes you, will not hesitate to lavish all of her feline attentions upon you, rubbing up against your legs, jumping up into your lap uninvited and purring like a finely-tuned engine.
7. It's hard to find a question to ask of you, love. And anything I don't know about you at this point probably is either utterly trivial or not suitable for airing in a public journal. So I'm going to take a pass on this, for the most part. Do you mind?
8. And you've already done this, and I'll be commenting there soon.
I'll take my place in line. :p
1. I still find it a little amusing that you basically got your name from the proximity of my birthday to our aunt's.
2. Midterm congressional elections are coming up, and this is a huge year. I know you've not really been happy with the Democratic party in the past, but there's a new generation of progressive leaders trying to bring change and actual ideals to the party. And of course there are plenty of third-party candidates around too, particularly in Minnesota. So I challenge you to find a candidate that you like and do something - anything, from spreading the word to donating to volunteering - to help them out.
3. It's hard to pick just one color for you. So I'll just point at the rainbow gradient I created for your hair for that one Christmas card. You could do worse than to have "rainbow" as your color, anyway.
4. Seeing you grow up over the past four or five years has been simply amazing. I really did worry about you in high school, and I think I had decent reason to, no matter how smart you actually were. But you got your bearings, and you found direction, and you discovered your place in the world - far better than I have, I think. And now you're looking ahead to graduate school and a doctorate, and doing better in college than I did for most of it, and, well, I'm incredibly proud of you.
5. I honestly have no idea. Really, I've lived with you most of my life, so... yeah.
6. You're like yet another cat. I know a lot of cat people. You'd be, I suppose, the sort of cat that, despite the fact she's a cat, seems quite capable of interacting with humans on a human level, and at times just kind of knows what you're thinking. The sort of cat that you could just sit and talk to...
7. When did you finally decide not to pursue art as a career?
8. Your turn, if you like. I know you're not the sort of post often, though, and I'm not sure if I've ever actually seen you do a meme.
1. The #avalon
party in Windsor back in... 2001? was the first time I'd ever visited the home of someone I previously only knew online.
2. Come back to #avalon
sometime! Just to say hi?
3. The only thing that comes to mind is muddy brown...
4. Just to pick one thing... you're a teacher, and the world needs more of those. Thanks for that.
5. Clearest is probably that same party in Windsor.
6. Probably a dog, mostly as a result of your natural friendliness.
7. If you weren't a teacher, what else would you want to be?
Everyone likes hearing stuff about themselves!
This seems like a fun meme to post in my own journal, too.
1. I think you and Nick are the first people I've ever met in meatspace on the recommendation of another friend online. Glad to have done so, though!
2. Try NaNoWriMo this year!
3. Light blue. I don't know why.
4. It's hard to pick anything in particular, but I appreciate the overlap in our interests - it makes things like that Saturday a couple weekends ago so fun.
5. Showing up at the game store (late, naturally) and meeting you and Nick. Pretty straightforward.
6. You remind me of an older cat. Generally calm, not hyper like a kitten, but still quite capable of having fun as needed.
7. I know how fond you are of Suikoden, but what's your favorite video game of all time?
I'm all over it! *dances*
1. I'm pretty sure you're the northernmost Ontarioan I know.
2. I'll give you the same challenge I gave Carrie: At least consider giving NaNoWriMo a try. I bet you'd be fantastic at it.
3. Hrm. Probably the dark red I've had your LJ-color set to for a few years, for no apparent reason.
4. I consider your (albeit brief) presence in my life to be at least partially responsible for the improvements of the following year. Thank you for that.
5. The Cedar Point weekend, definitely. Obviously, too.
6. A mother cat, I think. Generally kind and genial, unless you threaten one under her protection... or make her unhappy in any other way.
7. What is your greatest ambition?