|Another music meme from bluerain, since work is boring right now
||[Mar. 16th, 2006|04:32 pm]
|||||see post, of course||]|
Put your iTunes/Winamp/WMP on shuffle.
Say the following questions aloud, and press play.
Use the song title as the answer to the question.
I didn't actually say them out loud, being at work...
1. How does the world see you? "Mandlebrot Set" by Jonathan Coulton. (What, so I'm self-similar? Fantastic song, though.)
2. Will I have a happy life? "Hey Abandon" by D.C. Simpson. (Once again with him showing up in memes I stole from him. Not a particularly happy song, though.)
3. What do my friends think of me? "Storm Dancing" by Tom Smith. (Kind of a head-in-the-clouds thing? Maybe.)
4. Do people secretly lust after me? "Shanghai Sky" by Joe Jackson. (Er. Chinese people lusting after me? I dunno. Pretty song.)
5. How can I make myself happy? "Flying" by Joe Jackson. (I wish I could.)
6. What should I do with my life? "Because" by the Beatles. (I have no clue how to interpret this.)
7. Will I ever have children? "Rocket Ride" by Tom Smith. (Erm. That's a bit... suggestive. Though the song is about actual rocket rides, it does state some things that are difficult to pull off with kids.)
8. What is some good advice for me? "Loisaida" by Joe Jackson. (Not only is the title meaningless, but the song's an instrumental. So, nothing useful there.)
9. How will I be remembered? "One Slip" by Pink Floyd. (I'm not sure, but I think the song is about precipitously falling in love. I guess I can live with that. "A momentary lapse of reason that binds a life to a life...")
10. What's my signature dancing song? "Find The River" by R.E.M. (Not really a dancing song, but then I'm not really a dancer.)
11. What's my current themesong? "Learning to Fly" by Pink Floyd. (I can deal with that.)
12. What do others think is my current themesong? "PQR" by Tom Smith. (A song about a seductive vampire. From Tom's web page: "The best review I ever got: a friend of a friend, hearing PQR for the first time, whispering, 'That sound you hear is my nipples ripping through my brassiere.'" So, um, I had no idea people had that sort of opinion of me, but maybe the song would fit better as #15?)
13. What shall they play at my funeral? "Sahara" by Moxy Fruvous. (An odd song of memory, recollection, mirage and deception.)
14. What type of women (I'm just assuming MOTAS here) do I like? "You Can't Get What You Want ('Till You Know What You Want)" by Joe Jackson. (I... guess? I know I've got what I want in that regard right now, anyway.)
15. How's my love life? "Turn Away" by D.C. Simpson. (Not a particularly happy song, but some of the lyrics ring true. "I said I'm fine, dreaming slow sweet dreams of you...")