||[Dec. 26th, 2005|12:10 pm]
|||||Led Zeppelin - The Battle of Evermore||]|
As is tradition (does this count as a "meme"? Not sure), the list of Christmas gifts. The most important part of the last and next couple days is seeing my family, and hopefully my friends today (I'll be calling some people soon), but of course giving and getting gifts is fun...
Stuff I gave:
- For my little brother Luke, the Gamecube game Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.
- For my little sister Madeleine, three pairs of interesting socks.
- For my sister Alice and her partner Ryan, a plush elephant stitched from old (fancy) clothing fragments, hand-made in India, and three Seattle shotglasses.
- For my mother, the Apples To Apples party crate. We played it yesterday evening - quite fun.
- For my father, a Seattle Seahawks hat, and a Bob Dylan CD.
- For my grandmother, I made a candle holder in the shape of the Seattle Space Needle, out of wire.
Stuff I got:
- A box of black clothing, including a fleece, a +20 Shirt of Smiting, and three pairs of black socks.
- A pair of black leather gloves. They'll need exchanging, as they're a bit small.
- A big pile of books: A Game Of Thrones by George R. R. Martin, Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman, On Bullshit by Harry G. Frankfurt, Don't Get Too Comfortable: The Indignities of Coach Class, the Torments of Low Thread Count, the Never-Ending Quest for Artisanal Olive Oil, and Other First World Problems by David Rakoff, and A Short History Of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson.
- Two Ben Folds (Five) CDs: The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Meessner, and Rockin' the Suburbs.
- A tiny globe in a metal stand, made out of various pieces of cut stones.
- A large assortment of chocolate, domestic and foreign.
- A binary-column decimal clock. Five minutes of teaching the family how to read it ensued.
- A yin-yang candle, from relatives who weren't aware I was Taoist. Nifty.