Song Meme 2: MEME EXTREME
So what makes it EXTREME? Basically, I upped the number of songs to 30, and only included one line from each song, no matter how obscure it was. In addition, 5 of the songs have been secretly designated as "bonus songs", worth an extra point, because in my opinion they're relatively obscure.
For the first x hours of the contest - x is a number between 24 and 48 - all comments will be screened. (The contest started at 3:30 AM EST, April 20, 2005. Like I said... bored but can't sleep.) This is to give everyone a roughly equal shot for their first guesses. After that, I will unscreen all comments and begin crossing out songs, noting the people that got them in the first part. Everyone who gets a song correct in the first part will get a point for that song (and a bonus point, if applicable). Once the initial comments are unscreened, each song left will only be worth a point to the first person to guess it.
Googling (and other searching) is forbidden; I expect you all to participate honorably. There's no penalty for wrong guesses, but I will accept only one guess per person per song - the first one listed.
The token prize is two months paid LJ time. Just cause I feel there should be a prize. My judgement is final, etc etc. In case of ties, bonus points will be disregarded. In case of further ties, the first person to reach that number of points wins.
Comment if you want clarification.
On with the songs!
1. She knows the future like the palm of your hand
2. Yours is the cloth, mine is the hand that sews time
3. And there's this kind of anemone that sticks in your foot
4. I'm gonna stamp my feet until the policeman comes
5. I'm a rocketship on my way to Mars, on a collision course
6. Some freak from a menagerie?
7. He'd just come along, scoop them under his arm like that
8. There's people there who'll hurt you because of who you are
9. No, wait... we need a more permanent solution to our problem
10. Slow it down some and have some space?
11. We are billion-year-old carbon
12. And I knew it was time... to move on
13. Lookin' like a true survivor, feelin' like a little kid
14. Tomorrow's gonna hurt you
15. Santa, he's a big fat fuck
16. The king called up his jet fighters
17. I'm much too fast to take that test
18. And he always had some mighty fine wine
19. Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
20. I don't want to think about your mind
21. You can count on me to mess it up
22. Feasting on bums that sleep in the park
23. And you may ask yourself, how do I work this?
24. So she's taking lots of vitamins
25. Someone rules us secretly
26. There's no cure, there's no answer
27. It's always me that ends up getting wet
28. But it wasn't a rock...
29. I forgot my shirt at the water's edge
30. Let me tell you how it will be
Silly? Perhaps. But I'm having fun.