I suck, but what the hell.
16 - Rock the Casbah
18 - Joy to the World (the one that begins "Jeremiah was a Bullfrog," not the Christmas carol)
23 - ... argh. This is the song Weird Al style-parodied with "Dog Eat Dog", isn't it, but I'm utterly blanking on the title. "Rolling Water" is coming up, but I'm pretty sure it's wrong.
27 - Every Little Thing She Does is Magic - see icon!
16, 18, 27 are correct. 3 points.
16. The Clash - Rockin' The Casbah
23. Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime
It's kind of sad that I could only pick two out of 30. And these are probably the easy ones...
: Three Dog Night, "Joy to the World"
Hmm -- got three of them offhand:
5. Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
18. ??? - Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog (is that the song's name? I've only ever had people sing it at me...)
29. REM -- Night Swimming
Don't knwo (is that meme valid here?) if I'll participate further, but maybe if someone else lets a couple of clues slip...
All three correct. I'm giving you 18 because it's clear you know what song it is, despite lacking an artist and getting the title wrong. 3 points.
I may as well jump in with the ones that I immediately recognize.
6. Eric The Half a Bee
13. I'm Still Standing
16. 99 Red Balloons
18. Joy To The World
19. Learning To Fly
23. Once In a Lifetime
All but 16 are correct. (I had to check to make sure the line wasn't shared with another song, though - I remembered the line you thought it was...) 6 points.
Whoa, I've never seen a song meme that actually had a prize before. EXTREME!!
So, on to the guesses. Eeep, I don't think I'm going to be winning this one... :Þ
3 - Jim's Big Ego, "Stress"
20 - TMBG, "Narrow Your Eyes"
(heh, had to sing that one from the lyric you quoted to the chorus to figure out what the song was called, since I only ever quote a different part of it)
23 - Talking Heads, "Once In a Lifetime"? (I think that's the title?)
27 - The Police, "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"
29 - REM, "Nightswimming"
*sigh* That's all for now. If I get any better ideas after comment-unscreening time I'll let you know, but I'm probably tapped.
All five correct. 5 points.
: Rockin' the Casbah, by The Clash#19
: Learning to Fly, by Pink Floyd#23
: Once in a Lifetime, by Talking Heads#27
: (This could be more than one song...) Every Little Thing She Does, by The Police
All four correct. And I'd forgotten about the other option for 27, but nobody's gone in that direction yet. You're correct, though... of all the lines I could have picked from that song. :D 4 points.
6. Some freak from a menagerie?
Eric, the Half a Bee by Monty Python
13. Lookin' like a true survivor, feelin' like a little kid
I'm Still Standin' by Elton John
16. The king called up his jet fighters
Rock the Casbah by (The Knack?)
18. And he always had some mighty fine wine
Joy to the World by Three Dog Night
19. Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Learning to Fly by Pink Floyd
20. I don't want to think about your mind
Narrow Your Eyes by TMBG
23. And you may ask yourself, how do I work this?
Letting the Days Go By by Talking heads
25. Someone rules us secretly
Illuminati Polka by Tom Smith
27. It's always me that ends up getting wet
Every Little Thing She Does by The Police
28. But it wasn't a rock...
Rock Lobster by the B-52s
Impressive. You got the title on 23 wrong, but it's clear you know what song you're talking about, so points for that. 10 points, plus a bonus point for 25. (I figured you might get that one.)
18 is Jeramiah Was A Bullfrog, and that may not be the actual name of the song but that is what EVERYONE calls it.
28 is ROCK LOBSTER!!! by the B52s. ah, glorious.
Correct on both. (Yes, you missed the title on 18, but it's clear you know what song it is, so you get credit for it.) 2 points.
9 is "This Jesus Must Die" from Jesus Christ: Superstar.
10 is "Song for the Dumped" by Ben Folds Five.
13 is "I'm Still Standing" by Elton John.
18 is "Joy to the World" by Three Dog Night.
20 is "Narrow Your Eyes" by They Might Be Giants.
21 is "Next Time" by Barenaked Ladies.
24 is "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
" by The Flaming Lips.
30 is "Tax Man" by The Beatles.
Correct on all eight. Well done. 8 points.
1. Crash Test Dummies - The Psychic
2. I know it's Led Zepplin... is it "All my Love" (?)
5. QUEEN! Don't Stop Me Now (I love Queen!)
10. Ben Folds Five - Song for the Dumped
11. Crosby Stills & Nash... Don't remember the title, but it's the one that goes "We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion year old carbon", right?
14. Smash Mouth - Then The Morning Comes (?)
17. BOWIE! Changes (Mmmm... David Bowie...)
19. Pink Floyd - don't remember title though. :(
23. Talking Heads - Once in a Life Time (love the 80's!!)
27. The Police - Everything Little Thing She Does...
29. REM - Night Swimming
Correct on all but 19 (of course) and 11, where I'm waffling a bit. Give me anything more on 11 and a title on 19, and they're yours.
At present, 9 points plus a bonus point for 1.
2005-04-21 05:46 am (UTC)
reply to your comment that it won't let me post in the right spot.
I apologize if this actually posts a billion times. It won't let me reply to my other comment because it's still screened.
okay, i checked with my roomie from university and we decided 11 is called Woodstock. But she seemed to think it was by Joni, not Crosby Stills & Nash.
And the pink floyd one is called Learning to Fly.
2005-04-21 11:43 am (UTC)
Re: reply to your comment that it won't let me post in the right spot.
There you go. Woodstock was indeed originally written by Joni Mitchell, but CSNY did a far better (IMO) cover of it, and it's the more popular one by far. So that brings you to 11 points plus the aforementioned bonus point.