I've started making to-do lists to keep myself on task. They're working wonderfully. I have a list of tasks to do - usually the 5 or 6 tasks that need to be done the soonest - and a due date next to each. When most of the stuff on the list is finished, I start a new list. I've been keeping it on Post-Its on my desk/monitor, but this time, I think I'll publish it on my LJ for all to see.
- Finish grading HW2 for EECS 470 - Wednesday 2/9 (3:00 pm)
- Grade HW4 for EECS 376 - Monday 2/14 (midnightish)
- Read article and write summary for EECS 598 - Tuesday 2/8 (3:00 pm)
- Read article and write summary for EECS 598 - Thursday 2/10 (3:00 pm)
- Read articles and write summary/criticism for Philosophy 455 - Sunday 2/13 (9:00 pm)
- Write/draw/edit Scatterplot #247 - Wednesday 2/9
- Write/draw/edit Scatterplot #248 - Friday 2/11
- Write/draw/edit Scatterplot #249 - Saturday 2/12
- Write/draw/edit Scatterplot #250 - Monday 2/14
- Meet with project partner, get something done on project for EECS 489, at least - Friday 2/11
The most time-critical of these are going on a Post-It, of course.
Keep me in line, will you?