||[Dec. 25th, 2003|05:50 pm]
|||||Tom Petty - Dependin' On You||]|
I had a wonderful Christmas. My grandmother and my uncle came over for a while, we had a leisurely day, opening presents at a rather slow rate, as is our custom - lots of time to play with toys/set up gadgets/etc as we go. Getting ready for dinner now...
The list of stuff:
- Wooden practice chanter (for practicing bagpipe fingerings) - I intend to get the pipes eventually...
- Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit - looking forward to playing this one...
- Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk
- The Once and Future King by T.H. White
- Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett
- Sandman: The Doll House by Neil Gaiman et al.
- Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
- New top hat - my old one is pretty torn up
- A rather warm-looking flannel
- Button-collar sweater/sweatshirt (not sure what to call it - the knit is finer than a sweater usually is...)
- 2112 CD by Rush
- Pirates of the Caribbean DVD
- Geomag set (magnetic rod-and-ball constructions)
- Brain teaser book
- Soul Calibur II for XBox
- Requisite candy/etc in my stocking
- Tickets to the Red Wings/San Jose Sharks game - my girlfriend is awesome. Though she was disappointed there weren't more fights... the game was so very very cool.
I don't think I've forgotten anything - will amend if I have.
What an amazing haul. Glad you had a good holiday, and glad about the new top hat. nothin' like a hat that says "me" all over it. Grey cabby hats turned backwards like berets are what I usually wear, though recently I have stuck with an olive green corderoy one. very happy things.
I'm jealous of the trivial pursuit and Soul Calibur II; and Terry Prachett. Also amazed at how much of your list of gifts reminds me of the kind of friends I have out here (since they have the same interests). It's a good thing.
heh, cool. The list looks longer because I listed the books separately - those were all basically one package.
Hope your holiday's been good as well.
My holiday has been good. my family has surprised me by listening to my wants and needs better than I thought they would. Fuzzy Slippers with rubber traction that are deep blue and sparkly (feels like some parody of Dorothy's ruby slippers), a light blue fluffy scarf made by my sister in law (looks like muppet fur), a tall 5 light lamp with moveable arms (great for artists who want to adjust their lighting) and some christian cd's I wanted.
Didn't get any books this time, but my dad has convieniently left books lying around the house that I would be interested in reading, such as Blaise Pascal's Pensees. Hoping to work on that and more of St. Augustine's writings and Plato's Republic this break. But art may have more say, we'll see.
You forgottttttt a Red Wings game ;)
The degree of overlap in your loot list and mine is kind of disturbing.
LotR Trivial Pursuit is only good for three or four games, alas.
I'm not surprised... but then we've got the nifty pewter pieces for the regular game.
Not surprised about the loot list, either - 3 or 4 of the books are on what amounts to #avalon
's recommended reading list, and then there's a bunch of nifty geek stuff. whee!